Regenerate the Planet is dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of information entrusted to it. As part of this fundamental obligation, Regenerate the Planet is committed to the appropriate protection and use of personal that has been collected online.
Generally, our intent is to collect only the personal information that is provided voluntarily by online visitors so that we can offer information and/or services to those individuals or offer information about employment opportunities. Please review this privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) to learn more about how we collect, use, share and protect the personal information that we have obtained.
What information we collect
We obtain personal information about you if you choose to provide it — for example, to contact mailboxes or to register for certain services. In some cases, you will have previously provided your personal information to Regenerate the Planet (if, for example, you are a former employee). We may use your personal information to construct or complete your profile, possibly in combination with information already available on you, so that we can offer services to you for example as part of our sales.
If you choose to register or login to a Regenerate the Planet website using a third party single sign-in service that authenticates your identity and connects your social media login information (e.g., linkedin, Google, or Twitter) with Regenerate the Planet, we will collect any information or content needed for the registration or log-in that you have permitted the social media provider to share with us, such as your name and email address. Other information we collect will depend on the privacy settings you have set with your social media provider, so please review the privacy statement or policy of the applicable service.
When you register or submit personal information to Regenerate the Planet we will use this information in the manner outlined in this Privacy Statement and, if applicable, a specific privacy statement. Your personal information is not used for other purposes, unless we obtain your permission, or unless otherwise required or permitted by law or professional standards. For example, if you register to a Regenerate the Planet website and provide information about your preferences we will use this information to personalize your user experience. Where you register or login using a third party single user sign-in we may also recognize you as the same user across any different devices you use and personalize your user experience across other Regenerate the Planet sites you visit. If you send us a resume or curriculum vitae (CV) to apply online for a position with Regenerate the Planet, we will use the information that you provide to match you with available Regenerate the Planet job opportunities. We also use your personal information to optimise your visit to our website as far as possible, and to further improve our services.
In some cases where you have registered for certain services we will store your email address temporarily until we receive confirmation of the information you provided via an email (i.e. Where we send an email to the email address provided as part of your registration to confirm a subscription request).
Regenerate the Planet generally collects only the personal information necessary to fulfil your request. Where additional, optional information is sought, you will be notified of this at the point of collection.
We may process the following (types of) personal information when you visit our website:
- Email address
- Company name
- Telephone number
- Information on your surfing and viewing behaviour and possible your location and other cookie information.
The legal grounds we have to use your personal information
Privacy legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), allows us to process personal information, so long as we have a ground under the law to do so. It also requires us to tell you what those grounds are. As a result, when we process your personal information, we will rely on one of the following processing conditions:
- Performance of a contract: this is when the processing of your personal information is necessary in order to perform our obligations under a contract;
- Legal obligation: this is when we are required to process your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency;
- Legitimate interests: we will process information about you where it is in our legitimate interest in running a lawful business to do so in order to further that business, so long as it doesn’t outweigh your interests; or
- Your consent: in some cases, we will ask you for specific permission to process some of your personal information, and we will only process your personal information in this way if you agree to us doing so. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Regenerate the Planet
Examples of the ‘legitimate interests’ referred to above are:
- To offer information and/or services to individuals who visit our website or offer information about employment opportunities.
- To prevent fraud or criminal activity and to safeguard our IT systems.
- To customize individual’s online experience and improve the performance usability and effectiveness of Regenerate the Planet online presence.
- To conduct, and to analyze, our marketing activities.
- To meet our corporate and social responsibility obligations.
- To exercise our fundamental rights in the EU under Articles 16 and 17 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights, including our freedom to conduct a business and right to property.
Automatic collection of personal information
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet. It allows computers and servers to recognize and communicate with one another. IP addresses from which visitors appear to originate will be recorded for IT security and system diagnostic purposes. This information will also typically be used in aggregate form to conduct website trend and performance analysis.
Cookies will typically be placed on your computer or internet-enabled device whenever you visit us online. This allows the site to remember your computer or device and serves a number of purposes.
- Strictly necessary cookies: Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order to enable users to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. These cookies must be enabled or the site will not function. Use of these cookies does not require your prior consent and cannot be blocked either.
- Performance cookies (sometimes also referred to as analytical cookies): Performance cookies are cookies used to gather data to enhance the performance of a website.
- Functionality cookies: Functionality cookies are used to remember customer selections that change the way the site behaves or looks. If you do not consent to use these cookies that will impact your experience on the website, and you may need to repeat certain selections each time you visit.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies: Targeting cookies are used to deliver content relevant to your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see certain marketing materials, as well as help measure the effectiveness of those marketing materials. If you do not provide consent for targeting cookies, your computer or other internet-enabled device will not be tracked for marketing-related activities.
In principle we will only use performance, functionality and targeting cookies based on your consent which you can provide and manage via the cookie banner (if applicable), or by updating your browser’s settings (often found in your browser’s Tools or Preferences menu) to not accept cookies. Note however that performance cookies that are configured in a privacy friendly manner do not require your prior consent and may be placed on some of our websites without your consent. If you wish to revoke your selection, you may do so by clearing your browser’s cookies, or by updating your preferences in the cookie banner (if applicable).
Further information about managing cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through sites such as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Below is a list of the types of cookies used on our websites:
||Type & Expiry
|Performance (i.e., User’s Browser)
||Our websites are built using common internet platforms. These have built-in cookies which help compatibility issues (e.g., to identify your browser type) and improve performance (e.g., quicker loading of content).
Deleted upon closing the browser
|Security (e.g. Asp .NET) Cookies
||If you register for access to a restricted area, our cookies ensure that your device is logged for the duration of your visit. You will need your username and password to access the restricted areas.
Deleted upon closing the browser
||Our cookies may also remember your site preferences (e.g., language) or seek to enhance your experience (e.g., by personalizing a greeting or content). This will apply to areas where you have registered specifically for access or create an account.
Deleted upon closing the browser
Other third party tools and widgets will be used on our individual webpages from time to time to provide additional functionality. Use of these tools or widgets will typically place a cookie on your device to make their service easier to use, and ensure your interaction is displayed on our webpages properly.
Cookies by themselves do not tell us your email address or otherwise identify you personally. In our analytical reports, we will obtain other identifiers including IP addresses, but this is for the purpose of identifying the number of unique visitors to our websites and geographic origin of visitor trends, and not to identify individual visitors.
Regenerate the Planet uses Google Analytics. More information about how Google Analytics is used by Regenerate the Planet can be found here: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Social media widgets and applications
Regenerate the Planet websites will typically include functionality to enable sharing via third party social media applications, such as the Facebook Like button and Twitter widget. These social media applications will collect and use information regarding your use of Regenerate the Planet websites (see details on ‘Social Sharing’ cookies above). Any personal information that you provide via such social media applications will often be collected and used by other members of that social media application and such interactions are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide the application. We do not have control over, or responsibility for, those companies or their use of your information. For more information please refer to the third party’s privacy statement.
In addition, Regenerate the Planet websites may host blogs, forums, crowd-sourcing and other applications or services (collectively “social media features”). The purpose of social media features is to facilitate the sharing of knowledge and content. Any personal information that you provide on any Regenerate the Planet social media feature will typically be shared with other users of that social media feature (unless otherwise stated at the point of collection), over whom we often have limited or no control.
Regenerate the Planet understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. In particular, our sites are not intentionally designed for or directed at children under the age of 16. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 16, except as part of an engagement to provide professional services.
Sharing and transfer of personal information
Transfer within the network of Regenerate the Planet firms
We share information about you with other member firms of the Regenerate the Planet network as part of international engagements, and with Regenerate the Planet International Limited, its related entities and other member firms where required or desirable to meet our legal and regulatory obligations around the world. Other parts of the Regenerate the Planet network are also used to provide services to us and you, for example hosting and supporting IT applications, provision of certain forms of insurance for member firms and its clients, performing client conflicts checks and Anti-Money Laundering checks, assisting with client engagement services and otherwise as required in order to continue to run Regenerate the Planet
Transfers to third parties
We do not share personal information with third parties, except as necessary for our legitimate professional and business needs, to carry out your requests, and/or as required or permitted by law or professional standards.
In general, you are not required to submit any personal information to Regenerate the Planet, but we will require you to provide certain personal information in order for you to receive additional information about our services and events. Regenerate the Planet will also ask for your permission for certain uses of your personal information, and you can agree to or decline those uses. If you opt-in for particular services or communications, such as an e-newsletter, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in each communication. If you decide to unsubscribe from a service or communication, we will try to remove your information promptly, although we may require additional information before we can process your request.
If Regenerate the Planet processes personal information about you, you have the following rights:
- Access and correction: you have the right to access to that data. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you, we will provide it to you free of charge. Before providing personal information to you, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. If the information we hold about you is incorrect, you are entitled to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal information.
- Object to processing: you have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more.
- Other Rights: in addition, you may have rights to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long, have its processing restricted in certain circumstances and/or to obtain copies of information we hold about you in electronic form.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting Regenerate the Planet and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request, so long as it is consistent with applicable law and professional standards.
Data security and integrity
Regenerate the Planet has reasonable security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Despite Regenerate the Planet best efforts, however, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. To the best of our ability, access to your personal information is limited to those who have a need to know. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
We also make reasonable efforts to retain personal information only for so long i) as the information is necessary to comply with an individual’s request, ii) as necessary to comply with legal, regulatory, internal business or policy requirements, or iii) until that person asks that the information be deleted. The period for which data is retained will depend on the specific nature and circumstances under which the information was collected.
Links to other sites
Changes to this statement
Regenerate the Planet may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect our current privacy practices. When we make changes to this statement, we will revise the “updated” date at the top of this page. Any changes to the processing of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement affecting you will be communicated to you through an appropriate channel, depending on how we normally communicate with you.
Policy questions and enforcement
Regenerate the Planet is committed to protecting the online privacy of your personal information. If you have questions or comments about our administration of your personal information, please contact us. You may also use this address to communicate any concerns you may have regarding compliance with our Privacy Statement.
Regenerate the Planet has appointed a data protection officer. For questions and requests in connection with the processing of your personal information you can also contact our Data Protection Officer by email. In any event, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (de Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) in charge of protecting personal information.
Regenerate the Planet B.V. is responsible for processing your personal information. It usually shares this responsibility with the Dutch Regenerate the Planet entity that primarily determines the purpose and means of the data processing.